The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
1. About Us
This website www.icedundee.co.uk is owned and operated by Ice Dundee, a figure skating group based at Dundee Ice Arena, Camperdown Leisure Complex, Kingsway West, Dundee, DD2 3SQ.
Ice Dundee are committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK, including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and the Data Protection Act 2018.
2. The Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Due to the type of data we collect and the nature of our organisation we currently have no legal requirement to have a DPO for Ice Dundee. However, if you do have any queries in relation to any aspect of our data protection obligations please direct your query to email@example.com.
3. Information we collect about You and How we use it
When you subscribe to our newsletter and communications from us we will collect your name and email address. This allows us to process and manage your subscription and to ensure that you receive our monthly newsletter as well as other relevant communications in relation to competitions and selected communications from our sponsors, from time to time.
We do not collect sensitive information (also known as special categories of information) about you.
4. What we do with your Information
We will use your personal information to
• Add your subscription to our newsletter and your name and email address to our database.
• For administration purposes which means we may contact you to let you know that our site has been suspended for maintenance.
• To provide you with our newsletter on a monthly basis as well as information on competitions or other news specific to Ice Dundee from time to time.
• If you have agreed to receive marketing communications from us, to provide you with selected information from our sponsors from time to time.
• We use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users and to establish the number of visits from different countries.
5. What if I don’t provide some or all of the information requested?
• If you do not wish to provide us with your personal information this will not affect your use of the website in any way. However, we will be unable to send you our monthly newsletter or other information about Ice Dundee if we do not have your personal information.
6. Will You be contacted for Marketing Purposes?
If you have given us consent to send you marketing communications, we may from time to time send you selected information from our sponsors. Unless you have told us we can send marketing emails, we will only provide you with our monthly newsletter and other relevant information about Ice Dundee, for example competition dates or fundraising information. We will never send you marketing communications that are not relevant to the activities of Ice Dundee or our sponsors. If at any time you are concerned about communications that you receive from us or wish to stop receiving the information we do send, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. What grounds (legal basis) are we processing the data under?
• You have consented to us processing your data and to sending you email updates. Consent is one of the grounds under which we are legally able to process personal data.
8. Sharing your Information with Third Parties
We store your data on our Mailchimp account at www.mailchimp.com, who are hosting the information on our behalf. This is to ensure that your personal information is being fully protected. Your personal information will only be accessed by the representatives of Ice Dundee. We will never share your information with any other Third Parties. You can find out more about Mailchimp and the security they have in place here.
9. Cookies [and web browser information]
10. What if I am aged under 16?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to Ice Dundee.
11. How we Protect your Information
We have chosen to use mailchimp.co.uk as a host for the personal information that we store on your behalf. Mailchimp follow strict security procedures in the storage, use and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information in accordance with the UK data protection legislation. These include access control, firewalls and virus checking procedures.
You are responsible for keeping any confidential passwords or other login or access details which you select or which we allocate to you secret. Whilst we take steps to ensure the security of your information, there is a risk that any information transmitted over the Internet and stored on a computer may be intercepted or accessed by an unauthorised party. If you think that someone has accessed your information held by us without your permission or gained unauthorised access to your login details, you must notify us at
We also recommend that if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place such as a library that you close your browser when you have finished your session
12. How long we hold your Data for
The information you provide to us is necessary to carry out the repeated task of sending you our newsletter and other relevant information. We will keep this information for as long as you subscribe to our newsletter plus a reasonable time (approximately 6 months) beyond this to deal with queries or issues.
13. Your rights regarding your Personal Information
Under the Data Protection law you have a number of rights with respect to your personal information which are:
• Correcting your Information
You are entitled to have your personal information updated to ensure it is up-to-date and accurate. This can be done by following the instructions below.
• Withdrawing Consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent to any processing that is currently being done under your consent e.g. marketing. Consent can be withdrawn by following the process below.
• Obtaining a copy of your Information
You are entitled to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
• Deleting your information
You can request that we delete personal information in certain circumstances. These will be specific to each case.
• Data Portability
• You are entitled to have us transfer to another controller the personal information that you have provided us with.
• Restricting Processing
You can request a restriction on the processing of your data in some limited circumstances. Examples are concerns over data accuracy or we no longer require to hold your data but you have requested its retention by us to aid you in a legal matter.
• Right to object to processing
You are entitled to request that we stop processing your data for marketing purposes and in other limited circumstances such as asking us not to process your data by wholly automated means or not to analyse your information for targeted content etc. (also known as profiling).
You can action any of these rights by contacting us at email@example.com.
14. Right of complaint to the Regulator for Data Protection
The data protection laws in the UK are regulated and enforced by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Each individual has the right to raise a concern/complaint to the ICO if they have any concerns about how their personal information and/or privacy is treated. You can do this via
The ICO’s website (https://ico.org.uk/concerns ), follow the links or have an online Live Chat
Call the ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113
Postal address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
15. Links to Third Party Websites
16. Updates to this Policy
We may update this Policy at any time without notice. We will tell you that we have updated the policy by emailing you at the email address you have provided to us and/or by posting an announcement on the website. By continuing to use the website after we have emailed you or posted a notice informing you of an update, you accept the changes to this Policy.
17. Contacting Us
If you have any questions about privacy, or wish to update your details or action any of your other data rights at any time, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy statement updated November 2018.